Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hailey's Birth



We went in at 6 am, got hooked up to monitors and iv's and filled out paperwork. Got wheeled into the OR at 7:34, seemed like it took FOREVER to get the spinal in. Finally it was in and I immediately started to feel my legs get numb, and started giggling. They laid me down and immediately I felt exposed. Even though I couldn't feel anything I KNEW I was naked. Not fun. I was talking to the anesthetist guys and they were doing things to me asking if i could feel this and that. Finally Nate came in all dressed in his awesome jumpsuit, and he sat down by me and I asked if I was completely naked. He said, " yeah pretty much." HOW NICE. Everyone kept saying oh they see this all the time, they're used to it. I was thinking" thats great....too bad I don't." Anyway the surgery started and I didnt even know, but then I started vomiting. I felt bad for Nate because he was the designated puke bowl holder. Anyway i started to feel better and all of a sudden I felt intense and hard pulling and tugging, and it was difficult to breathe. They were having a hard time getting Little Missy out, and my doctor was huffing and puffing and had to have someone else pull. Finally she was out, and she was shown to me. I couldnt decide who she looked like but she was beautiful to me. They took her away and they began to fix me up. It took a long time, but I didn't care. I just laid there and smiled and listened to my baby scream and also listened to the doctors conversation about David Beckham. I think I might have added my 2 cents in here and there. I remember saying he was beautiful. Finally I was done and wheeled back to recovery. Nate was still in the nursery or wherever with the baby, and I was starting to feel pain. Finally he brought me my sweet girl and I was so happy to see her!! I immediately started nursing, didn't go so well but that's ok. We kept trying and finally got a latch. The rest is boring, so I'll spare you. She is pretty jaundiced right now and has to be in a bilibed most of the day to break up the bilirubin so she can poop it out. She's such a sweet baby and I love her. here's some pics I took of her today.

1 comments:

KT said...

I can't believe you got a pic of her smiling! That's the cutest thing I've seen. Wow