Tuesday, March 16, 2010

overwhelmed.

I am overwhelmed at my life right now. I have too many responsibilities to handle. Writing this down kind of makes me look like a big whiner baby, eh? I thought maybe writing it would help me see it and process it. I am looking for a new job, but that's going to be impossible methinks. My job right now, even though I only work 20 hours a week, is causing me anxiety beyond belief and making me sick and stressed. I have a new church calling that I don't want, but took it because I guess that's what you're supposed to do. Although I don't really ever recall me doing things I'm supposed to do, so really there's no excuse for that. I'm all mixed up and maxed out overwhelmed and ready to call a time out. Please tell me there are others out there who feel this way? And I don't mean you people that the biggest decisions in your life are which room of the house to re-decorate, which playgroup to attend, which shoes look better with this outfit, which way should I do my hair etc. I'm bitter.

6 comments:

Heather said...

you are not alone...I've been feeling the same way!!!! (((hugs))))

Nicole said...

Practice saying No until it feels right. There is nothing wrong with it.. you can only do what you can do.. I freaking love you soooo much girl.

Oh and by the way.. cuuuute background :)

Ashley said...

Hey. I'm not going to say I know how you feel, because I don't know if I do, but I do know what it's like to feel overwhelmed with job/church/school/etc. Maybe we need a girls day. I haven't seen you for a while!

KT said...

Let's see. Monday night Brooks worked late, so I was outside w/the kids and decided for family night I would make them weed w/me. They did a great job.
We went inside-Kimball and Avery let Belle into the kitchen w/her muddy shoes running all over the place, Belle was also poopy and London had wet her pants. I got frustrated b/c I didn't know where to start and started yelling at everyone. Brooks came home about 10 minutes later. Me "Kids tell dad what we did for family night." Kimball "Nothing, Mom's mean."
I totally ruined it.
Did I mention I'm potty training London, who only wants to use the potty to get candy, and is in diapers in Sunbeams?
Brooks is also looking for a new job-A job that isn't fully established is what he wants. Talk about making me crazy.
What's your calling?

KT said...

How are you doing?

Amy C. said...

oh no, you are not the only one that feels this way, at all.

i dont know how you do it. 20 hours may not sound like a lot on paper, but it is. i could not handle my kids right now and a job, so that makes you awesome. well, lots of stuff makes you awesome. but your ability to juggle makes you super awesome.