Wednesday, March 9, 2011

RAWR

Gosh life can really SUCK sometimes. My van was really sick and cost an obscene amount of money to repair. But, we sucked it up and paid for it. Our kids have been sick for about 3 weeks now. Bry had pneumonia, Madison had some weird throat thing where her voice was gone ( still is mostly) and Hailey got sick and got so bad she got bronchiolitis and an ear infection. Nate then got sick and stayed sick for about 11 days, on day 6 I made him go to the doc who said it was nothing. 5 days later and it getting much worse he went to a diff doc who diagnosed him with Tonsillitis. Who knows if that's really what it was but he got a Z-pack and is much better! So today I wake up with the worst sore throat ever and Nate comes home and his car is pretty much dead! Really? REALLY? COME ON!

I can complain and whine and be dramatic all I want, but there's always someone who has it worse. And right now, I'm trying to remember that and be thankful it isn't something worse.

4 comments:

KT said...

ok you're the one to share my story with. I went in to Acura to get my back brake pads changed. They told me a bunch was wrong, cost me $830. Afterwards, I went to Costco, and my car wouldn't start, I grabbed a stranger and it wouldn't jump. This has never happened before. I wait an hour for Acura to get back to me about a tow. They tell me I'm paying for the tow, so I call my dad b/c he has AAA. I wait another 30min for my dad to come, then the tow truck will be there in 45 min. The tow truck comes, but my dad needs to take my grandma to get her blood drawn before he can take me home. I left this morning at 8:15am, and got home at 5pm! I swear I'm going nuts. Not to mention we dropped Brooks car off at BMW, so we are carless. Gay
Not saying mines worse, just a good story for you

Brooke said...

Oh Katie seriously, car problems are the worst! And legal problems. But having both of your cars out of commission makes it really hard to function! I hope you get your Acura fixed quickly!!!!

Selina said...

Brooke, yes everyone has their own set of problems, but you only have to deal with what you have and sometimes it just sucks! I was feeling sorry for myself this morning too and I too made a post much like yours. Better times lay ahead right?

Derk and Ashley said...

i hear ya! We have been sick for the past three weeks and my hubby just found out he has shingles! What the h@#! Shingles? really?! I want summer! But like you, agree, it could be so much worse! Hope you're all getting better!